Monday, December 7, 2009

DIGI DARE # 158

I love doing the Digi Dares...it makes you think outside the box. Or in this case think WAYYYY back in time. LOL So, with this Digi Dare you had to think back to a Christmas you had. Lucky for me when I went to Random.org to create my year it came up to be the same year that my first child was born. Which happened to be a BIG memory in my mind.
The Journaling Reads:
I remember Christmas 1990 real well. Rian was 2 months old. He was in the hospital for congestive heart failure. On Christmas morning they sent a Santa and Mrs. Santa around to each kids room. They gave each kid a hand made red bag filled with toys according to their age. They also gave each child a elf hat for their head and then they took a photo of the child with the bag of toys. They then would leave the photo in the room if there were no parents in there. In our case I was there and they took a photo of me holding Rian and with the Santa and Mrs Santa. Our entire Christmas routine was messed up since we were in the hospital. However the one thing that I was thankful for is that my son was still alive and becoming more and more healthy each day.

The Kits that I used are: Christmas Cottage by Lynn Griffin and Old Time Christmas Kit by Linda Cumberland
The Font used is: Cambria and Bleeding Cowboys

No comments:

Post a Comment